Ten things you may not know about me
I’ve been writing in this blog about both personal and professional topics for just over 18 months now, so it’s probably a bit late to introduce myself. Never mind, sharing is caring so I thought I’d share 10 things about me that you may not already know.
You already know I'm an Aussie living in Dublin marrying an Irishman; you've seen baby photos of me; you know I play the piano; that I take family portraits on the weekend and I love to share baby goat videos. What else is there to know?
1. I can’t wink my right eye. Which obviously means I've been cheated in life.
2. I always forget something when going on holidays. Usually it’s my toothbrush, but last weekend I went away and forgot to pack pants. I managed to stay in my PJs all day, which is basically a win.
3. I love food. All food (OK maybe not black pudding – for obvious reasons). I’m constantly hungry and planning my next meal in my head.
4. I had hypnotherapy for Arachnophobia. It sort of worked, and it sort of didn’t. I have a ‘spider clicker’ in my house that everyone who hates spiders/ insects should get. It sends out some fancy ultrasonic/ electromagnetic waves out to the spiders to tell them to go away! (Don’t worry, it’s completely safe to humans/ babies/ animals).
5. I’m a PA by day (and have an MBA); Photographer by night /weekend. Family photography is my passion and I love it, but while I’m still building up my client base in Dublin, I work for a CEO from 9-5.
6. I have OCD at work, but not at home. My desk is immaculate; everything has its place; I clean it all the time and it’s completely decluttered. This is not always the case at home...
7. I was a detective in a past life. Well, not really (maybe I was), but I have an unhealthy obsession with true crime books.
8. I’m not a very good whistler. Which is ironic, because Dad is the best whistler in the world. I can sort of make the noise by blowing in, but I certainly can’t whistle by blowing out!
9. I’m right into all sorts of crazy things like crystals, psychics, tarot and astrology. Which leads me to number 10:
10. I’m hesitant to mention this one – as this is something only my close family / friends know about (or anyone that’s seen me in a bikini, which has been a while, because – Ireland). I have a tattoo on my hip that I got when I was 17. It was cute at the time – a little cherub reaching for the stars (don’t ask). Many people have asked me over the years, ‘what’s a cherub?!’. Click here if you need educating.
So that's me - no real bombshells! Except for the winking - I know.
Got any secrets?
Do we have anything in common? Who else can't wink or whistle? Do you too feel cheated? You're not alone. I’d love to hear from you! Don’t leave me hanging out here all on my own.